Thursday, February 10, 2011

Just another Thursday...

I've been reading in books and seen comments online about mom's who have discovered how much better their day goes when they can get up before their kids do and enjoy some "mommy" time.
Seemed like such a great idea! Simple too, right?
So, feeling motivated and determined...I set my alarm for an hour and a half before my kids usually get up. I thought it was a safe enough buffer so I could enjoy my shower and maybe even a cup of coffee before the mayhem began.
That was a week ago... the first morning of my new "me" time, Connor, my oldest woke up five minutes after my alarm went off so no mommy time. Every day last week, both the boys were up early and by the end of the day, I was too exhausted to think about getting up early considering I was now, having trouble falling asleep.
Today was an especially exhausting day. Why I am not entirely sure, but I am looking forward to having my husband's help this weekend so I may find the umph to fall asleep and finally begin my days a little early.

No comments:

Post a Comment